[aur-general] Delete request

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Mon Sep 27 16:10:24 EDT 2010

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 15:59, Jakob Gruber <jakob.gruber at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  On 09/27/2010 09:40 PM, Luca Bennati wrote:
> > Good question. In a repo package, the 'force' option (see 'man pkgbuild')
> > would be the correct solution. I don't know if any AUR helpers handle it
> > correctly though.
> >

> None of the AUR helpers will handle this

Before anyone asks, the reason that none of the AUR helpers handle this is that
the JSON interface does not include information about the "force" flag. The
only way to determine that would be to download the PKGBUILD, which would mean
that every time you checked for updates, it would have to download PKGBUILDs
for all AUR packages to be sure, which would be very wasteful.