[aur-general] perl CPAN modules

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Tue Sep 28 18:16:06 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Nathan O's message of 2010-09-28 22:53:45 +0200:
> Not sure, didn't know if we had a way to do this, so I thought I would bring
> it up, kinda thought that it would be interesting to add to AUR if we didn't
> have something similar.
>
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Philipp Überbacher
> <hollunder at lavabit.com>wrote:
>
> > Excerpts from Nathan O's message of 2010-09-28 22:40:10 +0200:
> > > I was looking at how Gentoo creates packages and I noticed one thing, is
> > > that Gentoo, during build, will use CPAN to get the required modules for
> > the
> > > package that is being built. I was thinking, I wonder if this could be
> > > implemented into AUR?
> >
> > Is it very different or superior to doing this manually or using
> > CPANPLUS? Example:
> >
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/perl-audio-ecasound/perl-audio-ecasound/PKGBUILD

Well, I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I have little experience with
perl, but apparently you get sources always from cpan, and what CPANPLUS
does is helping you with/automating PKGBUILD writing, dependency
resolution and updating, afaik.