[aur-general] Private mailing list for TUs?

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 12:16:01 EDT 2011

On 8/12/11, François Boulogne <boulogne.f at gmail.com> wrote:

> So make it world-readable.

I am entirely against any sort of closed private ML.  Private but
world-readable is a good way to maintain a good S/N while keeping us
clean.

On a related note, the fact that there is no public log of the TU IRC
channel feels really shady.  We don't even discuss "important" secrets
like April Fools in the channel, and there is no reason for it to be
private.  The Gentoo-dev channel (where you must have voice/op to
post, but anyone can lurk) is better, transparent and accountable.
Closed doors suck.

However, setting up a system like Gentoo's is a bit of a pain.  The
simplest way to go about this is for me to start sharing my #arch-tu
log files.  Preferably in real time.

I imaging this sort of thing would need a vote first, however.  Thoughts?

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com