[aur-general] kernel26 removal requests

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:50:21 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Cedric Staniewski <cedric at gmx.ca> wrote:

> Hi TUs,
>
> Please have a look at the following packages:
>
> kernel26-drm-next - seems to be obsolete and unmaintained
>
> kernel26-eee901 - obsolete? wasn't updated for more than two years
>
> kernel26-git - replaced by linux-git
>
> kernel26-intelfix - not required anymore according to author's comment
>
> kernel26-kamal - replaced by linux-kamal
>
> kernel26-kamal-git - might be outdated; at least, it is not recommended
> by the maintainer and was not renamed to linux-kamal-git (same
> maintainer as for kernel26-kamal)
>
> kernel26-lqx - superseded by linux-lqx
>
> kernel26-mike - obsolete? wasn't updated for nearly two years
>
> kernel26-web100 - obsolete? wasn't updated for nearly two years
>
> kernel26-zen - according to the comments, replaced by zen-kernel
>
> kernel26-zen-next - obsolete? wasn't updated for 1,5 years
>

> Thanks.

Removed everything, except kernel26-web100, kernel26-mike, and
kernel26-kamal-git.

I wasn't fully confident in deleting mike and web100 since they may be out
of date, but there coiuld be some use cases for them. I'm just not sure.

For kernel26-kamal-git, I asked the maintainer if he would like me to delete
it because he might have plans on converting it to linux-kamal-git since he
did that for kernel26-kamal.

If any tu's want to look into the packages I didn't delete, please do.

Thanks!