[aur-general] Dropping PCManFM

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 14 22:56:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

This release of PcmanFM is hard to built (at least on Arch and other
distros) .. libfm refuses to build, and pcmanfm cannot build without
libfm >= 0.1.16 ..

Since LXDE upstream have been doing slow releases (and full of bugs
and patches) I am not so sure if we should drop many of LXDE
components to AUR, maintaining buggy software is a hell, patching it a
lot, and reporting bugs to their upstream isn't nice, and it becomes
worst when upstream seems to be dead.

If anyone (TU or Dev) would like to maintain pcmanfm or the rest of
the components of LXDE, please adopt it go ahead and let me know, but
in the contrary case, I think PcmanFM and buggy LXDE software should
go to AUR

Regards

--
Angel Velásquez