[aur-general] AUR upgraded to 1.9.0

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sat Aug 20 14:08:21 EDT 2011

I just upgraded the official Arch Linux AUR setup to 1.9.0. For a short
list of changes, read [1].

All AUR helper developers are encouraged to check for the latest RPC
interface changes and the new package locations (we use segmented upload
directories now). We also recommend to use the "URLPath" field from the
RPC response instead of hardcoding the path to the PKGBUILD and tarball.
For now, there's a rewrite rule to avoid unnecessary breakage of AUR
helpers and legacy links.

Please report any issues on the AUR bug tracker [2].

[1] http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2011-August/001842.html
[2] https://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?project=2