[aur-general] Python packaging newbie

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Tue Aug 23 04:58:36 EDT 2011

On 2011-08-23 13:12 +0800 (34:2)
Ray Rashif wrote:

> On 23 August 2011 07:03, Fabien Devaux <fdev31 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I'm new to arch & his packaging techniques and I have some questions on how
> > things should be for python2/3 and build() vs package() things as well...
> > Is this the good place to ask ?
>
> If that is all your questions then this is the wrong place to ask. In
> fact, it would then be wrong to even ask. It is only correct to read:
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Python_Package_Guidelines
>

> --
> GPG/PGP ID: 8AADBB10

Hi Fabien, and welcome to Arch!

You should always search the wiki and the forum first, but if anything is still
unclear or unanswered then you are welcome to ask here or on the forum.

This might also be useful, or at least somewhat amusing:
http://xyne.archlinux.ca/img/xyne_misc/arch_linux_help_guide.svg

Regards,
Xyne