[aur-general] Deletion Requests

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Mon Aug 29 08:42:39 EDT 2011

Am Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:49:04 +0100
schrieb gadget3000 <gadget3000 at msn.com>:

> Ah, I thought it was 20 votes but with a bit of wiki searching that
> was apparently an old minimum. I usually quote the votes because
> "Votes are an indicator of package interest or usage."

Not necessarily. The votes don't need to mean so much. I think there
are several people who install and use a package from AUR without
caring about the votes. And there are a lot of not so well known
packages. If a package is not well known it doesn't mean it's bad or not
necessary or the like. On the other hand there have been packages which
I had installed and didn't vote for for some reasons.

Of course, there can be some very rare cases in which the votes can be
an additional indicator for interest. But generally votes should only be
seen as what they are meant for, for moving packages to [community].

Heiko