[aur-general] Removal request: qgoogletranslator

Jonathan Steel jsteel at vorx.com
Sun Dec 4 16:36:07 EST 2011

2011/12/2 Bartłomiej Piotrowski <barthalion at gmail.com>:
> On 02.12.2011 16:24, karnath wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Please, remove  bunch of qgoogletranslator  packages [1] [2]  [3], since
>> google suspended Google Translate APIv1 [4] and project is closed.
>>
>> [1]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=41005
>> [2]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48111
>> [3]: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33011
>> [4]: http://code.google.com/apis/language/translate/overview.html
>>

> Done, thank you.
>
> --
> Bartłomiej Piotrowski
> Arch Linux Trusted User
> http://archlinux.org/

I don't understand why qgoogletranslate was removed. I was happily
maintaining it. It still works fine. Even though "Google Translate API
v1 is no longer available", "Google Translate API v2 is now available
as a paid service only, and the number of requests your application
can make per day is limited".

Am I going to have to re-submit it?

Jonathan