[aur-general] Rename package?

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sun Dec 4 16:40:39 EST 2011

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 09:19:09PM +0000, Jonathan Steel wrote:
> The name of this package doesn't seem quite right:
>
> "lib32-gstreamer0.10-base `pacman -Q|grep gstreamer0\.10\-"

That's what happens when you try to put magical crap in a PKGBUILD. The
AUR's PKGBUILD parser is (correctly) simplistic and will not execute
arbitrary code like this.

Someone should adopt this and fix it, or it should be nuked.

@CryptoCrack: shouldn't we at least follow the same validation rules as
makepkg as far as pkgver goes? No dashes, no whitespace, etc... Yes yes,
I'm sure this is a "patches welcome" scenario.