[aur-general] [Removal Request] r8169

Jason St. John jstjohn at purdue.edu
Thu Dec 8 20:05:09 EST 2011

I am requesting that AUR package r8169 (
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=44317 ) be removed.

The r8169 package seems to have been created because of a bug in the
2.6.36 kernel which has already been fixed, apparently. Note that the
r8169 kernel module is already in the kernel (and has been for a
while).

The submitter of the package (darkmug) stated the following in the comments:
"Kernel version has a bug on current arch version. The problem is
described on https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=761029
This package has a patch that solves it. As soon as arch's version
solves it, I pretend to remove from aur."

Thanks