[aur-general] Qt 4.8 hits [testing] + qtwebkit package

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Dec 20 06:37:34 EST 2011

Hi,

On Tuesday 20 Dec 2011 10:01:00 Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> > But - HTML5 video and audio tags aren't working for me. I tried it in
> > konqueror, rekonq and aurora. The first frame of the video loads, but it
> > won't play. This is with either gstreamer or vlc phonon backends.
> >
> > I tried youtube in HTML5 mode and also http://tinyvid.tv/. Same result.
> >
> > html5test.com reports that everything is fine for video except
> > subtitles.

> Is kwebkitpart installed?

Yes, here's what I have:

% pacman -Qi qt
Name           : qt
Version        : 4.8.0-2
Packager       : Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>
Architecture   : x86_64
Build Date     : Sun 18 Dec 2011 05:11:53 AM GMT

% pacman -Qi qtwebkit
Name           : qtwebkit
Version        : 2.2.0-3
Packager       : Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>
Architecture   : x86_64
Build Date     : Fri 16 Dec 2011 09:01:15 AM GMT

% pacman -Qi kwebkitpart
Name           : kwebkitpart
Version        : 1.2.0-2
Packager       : Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>
Architecture   : x86_64
Build Date     : Sun 18 Dec 2011 09:22:30 AM GMT

% pacman -Qi rekonq
Name           : rekonq
Version        : 0.8.1-1
Packager       : Peter Richard Lewis <plewis at aur.archlinux.org>
Architecture   : x86_64
Build Date     : Tue 13 Dec 2011 09:41:44 AM GMT

I also tried it with a rebuild of rekonq but the same happened.

> Also, try re-installing it if you had the previous one (the one built with
> qt 4.8rc1).

So, I don't have this, right?

> I can reproduce any video in the website you linked above. (ReKonq + phonon-
> vlc here)

This made me think that it might be a codec issue, but I have every
gstreamer0.10-plugin package installed and phonon backend is set to Gstreamer.
And, if I put the URL of a video *file* (not tag) straight into rekonq, it
plays perfectly.

> There's no need to rebuild phonon, I'm using 1.6.0 right now and that is
> built upon [extra]. Indeed, you can try rebuilding kwebkitpart if html5
> video still don't work.

I just rebuilt kwebkitpart as you suggested, and that made no difference
unfortunately.

This is strange - the first frame of the video does display and the buttons
sort of work, i.e. the volume button changes colour when I click on it - but
the video doesn't play.

Pete.