[aur-general] Git sparse checkouts

Simon Stoakley sausageandeggs at archlinux.us
Tue Dec 20 22:37:53 EST 2011

Hi All,
I'm uploading a pkg for an mpris2 plugin for Kupfer. I don't want to
clone the whole git repo (seems wasteful and I think half the code there
is dead) and the only part that I'm interested in is the mpris2 folder.
The only way I've found of checking out part of a repo in is to use the
sparse checkout trick.
The question I have is whether or not it's OK to use this in a PKGBUILD
or not, what say ye wise men?!
   PKGBUILD below for reference (depends on pkgs I haven't uploaded yet
if you try building)

Thanks
Simon