[aur-general] OCaml-PCRE

Baptiste zerstorer at free.fr
Fri Dec 23 06:02:26 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 08:44:29AM +0100, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> On 12/23/2011 04:21 AM, oliver wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I created a package for OCaml-PCRE,
> > and have not seen that it already exists on AUR
> > (but in a slightly older version).
> >
> > There is this one:
> >
> >   https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52452
> >

> > And my new one:
> >   https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55215
> >

> > Now there are two packages for the same stuff...
> >
> > Any idea how to handle it?
> >

> > Ciao,
> >    Oliver
>
> Send message to maintainer with updated PKGBUILD (and/or orphan
> request), post it also in comments. If after 2 weeks you won't get any
> answer, send to aur-general orphan request.
> For now, I'm deleting your package.

"ocaml-pcre" [1] has been updated to the latest version (bobry, you're
an awesome maintainer ;) )

Bartłomiej, I think you can indeed delete "pcre-ocaml" [2]. Don't be
afraid of the packages that depend on it, they are mostly old and
unmaintained (the pcre package had been renamed from "pcre-ocaml" to
"ocaml-pcre" a while ago in order to match Arch's OCaml guidelines)

Regards,
Baptiste