[aur-general] input-wacom

Edoardo Maria Elidoro edoardo.elidoro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 12:35:19 EST 2011

Hi,
I wrote to the ex-mainteiner of input-wacom (
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45001) asking if it's safe to
remove this out-of-date and orphan package.
Here's his answer:

For current 3.x kernel, it is useless, that's
> true - but I left it in case someone wants to port it into lts -
> because lts kernel lags behind and there input-wacom can still be
> useful (probably it requires very little change, but I don't have lts
> kernel on my machine to test). So primarily I left it for users of lts
> or other custom kernel to pick, but as no one was interested for all
> that time, I think it should be pretty safe to remove. After all it's
> not that hard to package this, so if someone needs it he can build it
> from scratch.

So, shall we remove this package?

How should we deal with out-of-date packages that maybe someone still use?
(Question extended to kde3, xfce4.x - with x lesser then 8 and gnome2
related packages)

Cheers,
Edu
--
*If you stand for nothing you'll fall for anything.*
ArchLinux and Gnome* *user // Linux and Free Software believer // LugCR* *