[aur-general] Add pyopencl to [community]

Stéphane Gaudreault stephane at archlinux.org
Thu Feb 3 13:49:26 EST 2011

Dear Tus,

I would like to add pyopencl [1] to [community]. I maintain this package in
AUR and it has 14 votes.

Pyopencl depends, among other, on libcl (OpenCL library, provided by either
nvidia-utils or amdstream [2]) and a package that provides OpenCL C/C++
headers.

Here is my plan :

* Add pyopencl to [community] (I will use a better name, something like
python2-pyopencl)
* Tidy up and add opencl-headers [3] (66 votes) to [community] [4].
* Leave amdstream in AUR

The opencl-headers package provides headers from the Khronos group. It could
also be possible to use a different source to get *exactly* the same headers
(Nvidia for example).

Any comment or objections in adding these packages to the [community]
repository?

Stéphane

[4] I contacted hsyl20 (maintainer of opencl-headers). He has no objection if
I take his package.