[aur-general] Moving packages to Community

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 20:43:23 EST 2011

I always send the maintainer a 'thank you' afterwards telling them that I've
moved their package to [community] and asking them if they have any specific
advise about the package. My personal opinion is that it is not necessary to
ask beforehand when moving a package simply because in my experience it can
take quite a long time to receive a response for such matters.

But I think that not giving any indication to the maintainer of an AUR
package that you have moved it is rather rude and not conducive to the
general idea of the community. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/