[aur-general] [Announcement] First public git repo of the complete AUR.

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 14:31:06 EST 2011

Hey there Archers,
I decided to work on this little project over the weekend.
It is a complete git clone of the AUR from the source and it will be
updated regularly (at least once a day) though probably as frequent as
30minutes (please see `Side Notes' for explanation).
What this means is that history for the AUR will now be possible!
Also, for those of you wanting to have an abs like tree for all of the
aur, it is now possible.
I hope this opens up new opportunities, and new possibilities for everyone.

To get the complete git repo, run:
git clone git://pkgbuild.com/aur.git

The web interface is at:
http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur.git/

Also, please take a look at the official readme at:
http://pkgbuild.com/~td123/readme

Special Thanks to Ioni for enabling the git server & Bluewind for
setting up the web interface.

Cheers!
-Thomas Dziedzic

Side Note:
Although it will be updated at least once a day, it will most likely
be updated more frequently (around 30 minute intervals with a script),
I just can't guarantee that for now.
Work is ongoing to automate the sync with the aur tree, but at this
moment, there is no secure way of doing this.
Automating the sync will guarantee the intervals between syncs, I am
aiming for around 30 minute to 3 hour intervals between syncs.
A final goal might be to get continuous updates. Enjoy! =)