[aur-general] [Announcement] First public git repo of the complete AUR.

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 17:43:59 EST 2011

On Sun 06 Feb 2011 14:34 -0600, Thomas Dziedzic wrote:
> 2011/2/6 Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com>:
> > 2011/2/6 Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> What's this?
> >> http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD
> >
> > It seems there's more:
> > apercu.tgz
>
> Since this clean up is more of an aur tree issue, not mine, it has to
> be done remotely to do it properly.
>
> Somebody ran a clean up script as evidenced by this commit :P
> http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur.git/commit/?id=19c10dddf1c78cb14f958e02cd6a4b2061db2c34

That was me hehe. I was curious to see what would happen.
So it looks like you're just copying over what's in the filesystem.
It might be a good idea to work with aur-dev to help make the source
cleaner, then everyone can benefit - even those who don't use your git
repo.

You probably want to grab the tarballs, and extract what's in those.
The next release of the AUR will only have tarballs and PKGBUILDs.
The other files won't be extracted.