[aur-general] Moving packages to Community

Rafael Beraldo rberaldo at cabaladada.org
Sun Feb 6 23:24:10 EST 2011

I maintain a few PKGBUILDs on AUR, including one that has a considerable
amount of votes [1]. It would be awesome to have any package that I maintain
moved to [community], it doesn't matter if the TU asked me or not, but this
is a personal opinion. Nevertheless, it is certainly polite to write a
comment notifying that the TU is going to move the package, not to mention
useful, since (I assume that) many people that use a given package would
also be notified by e-mail that the package is being moved.

Just for the record, I agree that it should be put in the guidelines. I
think that the main argument in favor of it is that it is not only polite
but convenient for those who want to keep track of the packages one is
using.

Rafael Beraldo
http://devio.us/~rberaldo/