[aur-general] replying-on-thread issues (was AUR & Copyright)

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Mon Feb 7 04:35:19 EST 2011

On 02/07/11 04:06, Nicky726 wrote:
> Angel Velasquez wrote:
>> Why you didn't reply on the thread ? :S now this thread is splitted
>> without reason
>
> Sorry, Re: somehow slipped out from Subject line. :-(
> Nicky

Actually, I think your e-mail client is misconfigured/broken somehow;
let's debug.  It looks like none of the messages you've sent on the Arch
lists have stayed on-thread.  Looking in the headers, the message you
are replying to here says

and your header does not match this value in In-Reply-To (as successful
replies do), and rather says

.

(Which indicates your client does think it is sending a reply of some
sort, not just a new message.)

Your User-Agent claims to be User-Agent: KMail/1.13.6
(Linux/2.6.37-ARCH; KDE/4.6.0; x86_64; ; ), and this appears to have
happened for you on the Arch list with your earlier versions of KMail
too.  I   I don't remember seeing this particular issue before; any idea
(Nicky or anyone) what's wrong?

-Isaac