[aur-general] AUR & Copyright

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Feb 7 04:58:13 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 23:06, Nicky726 <nicky726 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I may add my two cents, I would go for GPL for PKGBUILDs, as it ensures
> stuff remains OSS. Though some broader discussion/voting may be good. And a
> compromise in form of selection from OSS licences when uploading, defaulting
> to one could not be that hard to implement.

Again, IANAL.

AIUI a PKGBUILD is just a plugin module to makepkg, and PKGBUILDs do
use the API offered by makepkg and other support scripts.  So maybe
this discussion is void simply because makepkg is released under GPL2
(or later) and hence PKGBUILDs automatically fall under the same
license?

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org