[aur-general] AUR & Copyright

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 7 05:58:06 EST 2011

2011/2/7 Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com>:
> I think most PKGBUILDs are too simple to be considered software.

Simple or not, PKGBUILDs are scripts, and hence software. IMNSHO if
you must apply a license to PKGBUILDs, it should be that of makepkg's
OR the distribution's (for another distribution using makepkg and
similar buildscripts they will have the copyright).

Magnus Therming mentioned this on another thread, and I believe he
makes a valid statement when he says the buildscripts are assumed to
inherit GPL and so need no mention of it.