[aur-general] Moving packages to Community

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Feb 9 04:38:08 EST 2011

On Wednesday 09 February 2011 00:32:17 Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 17:57 +0100, Alexander Rødseth wrote:
> > I would like to add that for some AUR-users, the packages is what they
> > would have to show for if they were to apply to become a TU.
> > As far as I know, the AUR history is not recorded in any accessible way.
> >
> > - Alexander
> > (trontonic on AUR / xyproto on #archlinux)
>
> This is a good point, but I'd assume the users in question would have
> their latest copy of the PKGBUILD on their machine if they wanted to use
> it in applying. Their name would also be on the PKGBUILD in [community]
> in any case.

Two very good points. In that case we should be very clear that if a package
is moved up the repo ranking or otherwise adopted, that all contributors'
names remain on there as a matter of policy (is it already?) I don't believe
anyone has a right to remove a contributor's name unless they also remove the
code they contributed. Given that it's unlikely that they know exactly what
this is, the only case for this is a total rewrite.

Pete.