[aur-general] How to handle installers in PKGBUILDs

Michael Schubert mschu.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 06:27:34 EST 2011

Yes, you are right. However, I do have one or two other installer-only
packages as well that I would like to provide PKGBUILDs for and don't
require registration (the above was more of an example - the archive issues
may or may not arise).

Also, I think circumventing registration processes is ok as long as it isn't
required to use the software, i.e., the application GPL'd or something
alike. In this case it is not GPL'd, so there might be a licensing issue as
well, although there is no "you have to register to use this software
clause" - let's see what the authors think ;)

Thus my initial question lacks a valid example now because the other
installers may well be extractable. Consider it solved, if I run into a
specific problem I will post it again.