[aur-general] Upgraded AUR to 1.8.0

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 21 13:31:31 EST 2011

On 22 February 2011 02:06, Lukas Fleischer <archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 02:03:38AM +0800, Ray Rashif wrote:
>> On 21 February 2011 18:08, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:

>> > what's the reasoning behind no longer showing all files in the "source
>> > package"? I found this feature quite useful.
>>
>> I've _always_ used this, almost on every package I came across. I
>> don't want to be downloading anything I just want to take a rough look
>> at. Would be good to have this back in some way or another.
>> Brainstorm!
>
> Did you read all my replies on this topic? If you still think that this
> should be implemented no matter what, you'd better open a feature
> request on the bug tracker.

You do not really address this issue aside from shrugging it off as an
unneeded feature that costs one or two vulnerabilities. If it was
really that useless it would not have been implemented in the first
place. The loopholes are real, but the feature should not be
forgotten.

I will leave it up to the community to file a request to have this
back, because with that we can really see whether it actually is as
useful as a few of us claim :)