[aur-general] [arch-general] Adding AUR packages to [community] packages' provides

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Sat Feb 26 04:22:12 EST 2011

On 25 February 2011 19:12, Lukas Fleischer <archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> Seriously, we should be consistent here.

I agree.

* Provide/replace/conflict as necessary when promoting a package from
AUR (eg. when renaming the package)

* Bump pkgrel OR force (I vote for force) for the first time (eg. so
users get the repo versions and not report bugs many days later while
still using the AUR package)

* Do NOT provide/conflict/replace just because of a FR for a package
in AUR (unless the request is to provide for a package name that is
aknowledged by many)