[aur-general] PKGBUILD URL has changed

Justin Davis jrcd83 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:37:19 EST 2011

I just wanted to let AUR helper authors (or other AUR enthusiasts)
know that the PKGBUILD URL has changed on the AUR. All AUR helpers
should update your code. I knew the AUR was updated recently but I did
not realize that the URLs were changed for PKGBUILDs until I looked
carefully at the AUR and the new patches. I found out earlier today
and wanted to help others who might wonder why their AUR software
slowly starts to break.

The old scheme was: /packages/<name>/<name>/PKGBUILD
The new scheme is: /packages/<name>/PKGBUILD

Fun facts: Packages that were uploaded before the change still have an
extracted package directory (/packages/<name>/<name>). The old
packages also have a copy of their PKGBUILD in the new location.This
means they have a PKGBUILD in both locations. Once a package is
uploaded the old package directory is deleted so only one PKGBUILD
remains (/packages/<name>/PKBUILD). So all packages uploaded after the
change use the new PKGBUILD URLs.

-juster