[aur-general] Ocaml Packages

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sat Jan 1 14:58:49 EST 2011

Thomas S Hatch wrote:

> Thanks Xyne, that helps, I am going to try and figure out the best way to
> change the ocaml packaging process without just breaking all of the OCaml
> packages, i will have the guidelines up shortly and star t moving towards
> clean ArchLinux Ocaml.
>
> -Thomas S Hatch

There seems to be only 6 OCaml packages in the repos:

lablgtk
lablgtk2
ocaml
camlp5
camlp5-transitional
llvm-ocaml

Check if they follow the guidelines that you propose and contact the maintainers
of any that don't. If you explain the situation and provide a patch then you'll
probably get a quick and positive response.

Before you do, consider whether the names need to be changed. Most library
packages follow the convention of including the language name as a prefix, e.g.
"perl-foo" or "haskell-bar". What's the state of the ocaml packages?

lablgtk should probably be ocaml-lablgtk, etc. Consider how few packages there
are in the repos, I doubt there would be much opposition to fixing clearly
broken names.

Regards,
Xyne