[aur-general] I can not maintain my packages anymore, liquidsoap & some ocaml dependencies

Luciano A. Ferrer laferrer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 12:26:11 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Luciano A. Ferrer <laferrer at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, gals!
>>
>> Unfortunately I can not maintain my packages anymore, it is
>> liquidsoap[1] and some ocaml dependencies of it (in fact, I am not
>> using them anymore...)
>> You can see the list here:
>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=luuuciano
>>
>> Maybe some of you want to own them, or a few of them?
>>
>> No idea what it is the best way to do it, I will just Disown them now?
>>

>> In the other hand, Thomas S Hatch sent an email to ocaml packagers[2]
>>

>> Best regards and wishes!
>> luciano
>>
>> [1] http://savonet.sourceforge.net/
>> [2] Hello, I am the new ocaml findlib maintainer and I just letting
>> the maintainers of ocaml packages know that I have changed some of the
>> behavior of findlib to fix some issues.
>>
>> These changes should not break your packages, but I am asking that the
>> ocaml package developers change their packages to reflect these
>> changes, and I just want them to be aware of them since it changes a
>> lot of PKGBUILDs in the long run.
>>
>> Thanks for your packages!
>>
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OCaml_Package_Guidelines
>>

> Luciano, I am sorry to hear that, if there was any way we could keep you on
> I would be thrilled, you have some good packages! But if you are not going
> to maintain them I will be happy to take care of these packages!
>
> We appreciate your work for Arch and I appreciate your work on ocaml.
>
> If you want to let them go just disown them and I will pick them up!
>
> Also, if there is anything I have said of done to upset anyone with the
> ocaml changes please let me know, that is of course never my intention!
>
> -Tom

The problem is that I have no more time to do it, and I started it
because I needed to run liquidsoap (it was a little netradio), but
then that project ended (as my free time)

And I know that anyone else will do a way better job! :)

here a list of the disowned packages

liquidsoap
ocaml-alsa
ocaml-cry