[aur-general] Re : utorrent-server deletion request

Pierre-Antoine Vanpe pavanpe12 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 6 16:52:44 EST 2011

________________________________
De :Stefan Husmann <stefan-husmann at t-online.de>
À :Discussion about the Arch User Repository (AUR) <aur-general at archlinux.org>
Envoyé le : Jeu 6 janvier 2011, 18h 48min 09s
Objet : Re: [aur-general] utorrent-server deletion request

Am 06.01.2011 18:32, schrieb Cédric Girard:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Stefan Husmann
> <stefan-husmann at t-online.de>wrote:
>
>> Am 06.01.2011 17:42, schrieb Cédric Girard:
>>> [1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40600
>>>>>
>> Sent mail to the maintainer of utserver.
>>

> I've received a mail from the maintainer of utorrent-server. Here are its
> (justified) motivations to create a new package :
>
> First of all, I added the PKGBUILD for a few reasons:
>> 1. Chris-Kan from utserver did not maintain it, it has been flagged out ouf
>> date for a while
>> 2. Did not want support 64bits systems even thought not compatible
>> 3. For the name, it's actually because uTorrent team changed the name
>> 4. His PKGBUILD does not work:
>> Comment by: laasonen on Thu, 06 Jan 2011 16:23:08 +0000
>> "/tmp/packerbuild-0/utserver/utserver/PKGBUILD: line 25: cd:
>> /tmp/packerbuild-0/utserver/utserver/src/bittorrent-server-v3_0: No such
>> file or directory"
>>
>> It should be:
>> "cd $srcdir/utorrent-server-v3_0"
>>
>> You should also add support for x86_64.
>>

> Regards,

Thank you. These are valid and good reasons. Nevertheless it would have
been a better way to do a orphaning request on this list than to upload
a duplicate.

Anyway, Jelle already wrote a comment on AUR comment page for utserver.
So the problem will be solved in short.

BTW, thank you for notifying the duplicate.

Regards Stefan

Sorry for uploading a dublicate package, I come from Gentoo and was not used to
AUR yet, like I said, utserver was not maintained anymore, and I did not
oficially asked for this package, but as told to Cédric, I did not want to take
over chris-kan's package, but just maintained it while he did not answer......
Btw, my PKGBUILD is based on his, and I will be very happy to get his help on
it!
I promise that I will my best to maintain utorrent-server (which is by the way
in Alpha and has a big bug known upstream to crash.... We are working on this at
this moment)
And as a "new" PKGBUILD maintainer, I am open to any suggestions or help by
anyone, and of course I would love, chris-kan's advice on my PKGBUILD as mine is
based on his!!
Again, sorry to not have followed all the rules.....
Beretta92
Pierre-Antoine Vanpé