[aur-general] Community Cleanup 2011.

Huub Munstege hmunstege at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 14:26:00 EST 2011

Hi Thomas,

don't know what I have started......
I was just trying to report on a few issues I encountered while doing some tests
with Grass (building 6.4 through ABS and Grass-svn through AUR).
Now I am involved in a whole discussion on orphans, deadlines, responsabilities,
assignments etc...

Well just get back on the issue:
	* I managed to build grass 6.4.0-6 with your suggestion with devtools and
'extra-x86_64'. It gives me a packeage. Still don't understand why it does not
fonction with the standards ABS-way;
	* It's clear why grass-svn in AUR is not working since it is not yet adjusted
to the python 2.x and python 3.1 environment. I tried to adjust the PKGBUILD for
grass-svn with the specific python lines from the PKGBUILD for grass 6.4 that
worked (see above). I have attached this PKGBUILD to this message. Trying this
in the clean chroot environment gives me an error in line 36 (does
not recognize the svn command in the chroot env.)
Well that's it. Wanted to post this info on the grass-svn aur page. But
apperantly I don't have an account to post on aur pages. Sorry if I have started
any annoying business, just wanted to be helpful with my experiences and trying
to get stable GIS application under this wonderful distro

Cheers,

Huub Munstege
BPE 2836
Bamako, Rep. du Mali