[aur-general] Anybody want apvlv?

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Tue Jan 11 11:20:58 EST 2011

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 14:21:55 -0600 Brad Fanella
<bradfanella at archlinux.us> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Stefan Husmann
> <stefan-husmann at t-online.de> wrote:
> > Am 08.01.2011 20:27, schrieb Brad Fanella:
> >> So with the recent release of apvlv 0.1.0, I have decided to drop
> >> maintaining it.
> >>
> >> I believe it now supports UMD file reading of some sort, and this
> >> requires the whole the PSP toolchain to be packaged and submitted
> >> to the repo, which is something I have no interest in doing
> >> whatsoever, as I haven't even used the software in months.
> >>
> >> Any takers (TUs of course)?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Brad
> >>
> > Hello,
> >
> > what about not supporting umd files? There is an configure-option
> > "--without-umd"?
> >
> > I can take it back, but I am not interested in supporting umd, too.
> >
> > Regards Stefan
> >

> I was contemplating doing that, but I assumed that that was considered
> a "downstream modification", and would take away some functionality of
> the software, therefore not allowed.
>
> I have no problem keeping it if I do not have to build with UMD
> support.
>
> Regards,
> Brad

You don't have to bring that, if some functionality can be modified
using configure/make commands, there's no one who can complain,
upstream made it possible, so it is obviously also in their intent to
let people build it with features they need. If a user needs it, but
not the majority of users, well, we have abs, not much of a deal to do
a modified rebuild for what one needs.

Though I'm a bit confused, I myself own a PSP (old FAT/1000 model) and
UMDs are the "caged" hardware disks, an ebook reader for this? Sure
they don't mean another format for document files?

--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4