[aur-general] Is there a way to mark 300(!) AUR packages out-of-date?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Jan 13 19:30:04 EST 2011

Hi Justin, hi Lukas,

 > I flagged the listed packages out of date for you by using a script.

thanks a lot for your help!

 > Could you try to avoid uploading packages to the AUR that are already
 > available in [extra] or [community]?

Yes, of course, that shouldn't happen. If you are aware of any packages left
in AUR that collide with [extra] or [community], then please let me know.
That kind of duplication is going to cause trouble, because people end up
with an inconsistent installation.

I've done a quick search and found the following packages on AUR, which are
provided by extra/ghc, too, so I reckon they shouldn't be on AUR, right?

  |--------------------------+--------|
  | Package Name             | AUR ID |
  |--------------------------+--------|
  | haskell-array            |  21716 |
  | haskell-bytestring       |  17970 |
  | haskell-cabal            |  25443 |
  | haskell-containers       |  19697 |
  | haskell-directory        |  25399 |
  | haskell-filepath         |  21717 |
  | haskell-haskell98        |  19698 |
  | haskell-hpc              |  17922 |
  | haskell-old-locale       |  21718 |
  | haskell-old-time         |  25400 |
  | haskell-pretty           |  21720 |
  | haskell-process          |  21465 |
  | haskell-random           |  21721 |
  | haskell-syb              |  21263 |
  | haskell-template-haskell |  19699 |
  | haskell-time             |  17900 |
  | haskell-unix             |  21722 |
  | haddock                  |   7651 |

  > I've seen the "arch-haskell" user doing this a couple of times and got
  > no response on AUR comments.

Yes, prompt and reliable communication hasn't been a distinguishing feature
of the ArchHaskell project in the past.

Take care,
Peter