[aur-general] TU Application - Seblu

Seblu seblu at seblu.net
Sun Jan 16 15:55:09 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Jelle van der Waa <jelle at vdwaa.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 21:37 +0100, Seblu wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Tonight I decided to propose me as TU.  My sponsor is Peter Lewis.
>>
>> My name is Sebastien Lutttringer, i'm a 26 years old french system and
>> network engineer who lives in Paris.
>> I'm gradued from EPITA a french computer school and i work in a
>> private company for 4 years.
>>
>> My day to day job is done on Linux Debian and 99% of our servers are
>> on Debian. We work mainly with open technologies and we love
>> challenges with technology that we control/understand.
>>
>> As far as i recall, my first meet with linux, was in 2001/2002 (i
>> don't remember exactly)
>> with slackware and later with debian woody, it was just some test (not
>> my main system)
>> In 2005, i choose my grad school, in another for its hard Unix spirit.
>> I wanted to become a unix power user. So, 2005 was my switching year
>> to linux.
>> I tested some distro and i choose debian as desktop station. In 2007,
>> i changed my main distro to gentoo until 2010 (and my new laptop)
>> where i switched to Arch.
>>
>> I never really took the time to get involved to my distro and since a
>> long time i
>> want it. Arch philosophy and simplicity, remember me slackware and
>> makes me want to take the plunge.
>>
>> Regarding my skills I use a lot of linux technology in my work to
>> design solutions to our problems (network operator, file transfer
>> platform, streaming/cdn) or to maintain our critical systems.
>> I also have skill in coding in C/C++, Python, Perl, lua, php, shell
>> and some others.
>>
>> Regarding to arch, i maintain packages in AUR and fill bug report. I
>> also plan to propose some patch in some times.
>>
>> As a TU, i would start by maintaining packages i use and which are not
>> in community. To start i think to:
>> arptables
>> awesome
>> conntrack-tools
>> ebtables
>> ferm
>> fstrim
>> lsscsi
>> mtr-cli
>> nload
>> opera
>> scsiadd
>> ulogd
>> vconfig
>
> Just on a side note: opera, mtr are already in [community].  And i don't
> think awesomewm can be in [community] because of the dependency
> cairo-xcb.
My bad, opera is in community now :)

mtr package is in community, not mtr-tiny, which is a version of mtr
without gtk (and its dependency)

About awesome and cairo-xcb, i hope Jan, will accept to add
--enable-xcb in configure in cairo extra package to enable xcb
support.

There may be reasons to include or not these packages that I did not
see. In this case I would abstain.

--
Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net