[aur-general] mtr-cli (was: TU Application - Seblu)

Florian Pritz bluewind at server-speed.net
Mon Jan 17 09:27:46 EST 2011

On 17.01.2011 09:46, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 06:34 +0100, Heiko Baums wrote:
>> Am Sun, 16 Jan 2011 23:16:58 -0600
>> schrieb Brad Fanella <bradfanella at archlinux.us>:

>> > Why do you suggest that? Can't we have "mtr" (which is the CLI
>> > version) and "mtr-gtk" in the repos? Just curious.
>>
>> I haven't read the whole thread, but this is indeed so easy. Just create
>> a split package mtr which builds the two packages mtr-cli and mtr-gtk.
>> mtr-cli could then be removed from AUR.
>>
>> A request for such a split package should be filed to flyspray as a bug
>> report or feature request for the package mtr from [extra]. And the
>> removal request for the AUR package mtr-cli would then belong to this
>> mailing list.
>>
>> Heiko
>
> +1 for Heiko, indeed just split mtr and give the user both the options.

You can't simply split mtr because it's only one binary. Shortly talked
to Ionut about that yesterday and he said moving mtr-cli to community is
no good idea because mtr (pretty much same PKGBUILD; just one dep and
option less) is already in extra. I agree with that one btw.

Is there any way to get a good overview of how many people really use
the gtk ui? IMHO it seems to be missing some features that the cli has.

--
Florian Pritz -- {flo,bluewind}@server-speed.net