[aur-general] TU Application - Seblu

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 13:35:25 EST 2011

On Sat 22 Jan 2011 19:03 +0100, Ronald van Haren wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Yes, us.

> >> Becoming a TU means that you become a member in the developement team, a
> >> team in which we trust each other, respect each other decisions, use the
> >> same packaging standards, the same tools as developers etc.
> >
> > I think if the package meets the guidelines then you shouldn't bully
> > someone into not maintaining it. As long as he's providing the support
> > that should suffice. Sometimes we may need to adjust the guidelines, and
> > we decide this as a group through a formal vote.
>
> Seriously? Since when is adding a package that is already in the repos
> with a different configure flag a good idea? We don't even allow this
> in the AUR...

Seriously. While it's not ideal, it has been done.
I would consider it the same as including bin/lib32 packages just to
include things like wine or whatever. The [community] repo is intended
for this kind of experimentation and freedom.

I think awesomewm has enough of a user base to justify such measures if
a TU is willing to maintain it.

I'm starting to get a bit peeved with people confusing [community] and
[unsupported] with the [core] and [extra] bits.