[aur-general] new aur mirror

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 07:23:22 EST 2011

Hi all.  I am now mirroring the AUR continuously, and am starting to
open it up to public access.  It is not a perfect byte-for-byte clone,
as I felt like adding a few features :-)

For now, there is an enhanced RPC database.  It's got everything from
the original RPC calls, plus some extra fields that people always seem
to want.  Access it through
http://aur.kmkeen.com/rpc/name_of_package
Yes, it is 100% static.  This was the only way my little VPS could
keep up with the beastly Sigurd machine.

I've also got all the tarballs mirrored, but forgot to add the links
to the RPC info (mirror/pkgname/pkgname.tar.gz). Will fix that
shortly.  There are also search indexes prepared for description,
depends and required-by but the regex search is not open to the world
yet.  Maybe after I get some sleep.

Much thanks goes to Falconindy for ideas, encouragement and patience.

I am currently taking feature requests.  Go wild.

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com