[aur-general] Python AUR tarball naming

David Campbell davekong at archlinux.us
Fri Jan 28 15:29:52 EST 2011

I am updating some python tarballs in the AUR which appear to
have been abandoned with the python switchover and don't have
python3 versions. I created some python2 versions, named
python2-foo, as this is what I thought was the correct practice,
but found out the main(core, extra) python packages are not being
renamed until python3 versions are available. So what is the
correct practice? Should the old python tarballs be deleted and
replaced by python2-foo versions or should the python tarballs
just be made to work with python2?