[aur-general] [RFC] Inclusion of CPANPLUS in community

Anton Leontiev bunder at t-25.ru
Sun Jul 3 02:27:48 EDT 2011

В Пт., 01/07/2011 в 21:20 +0200, Florian Pritz пишет:
> On 01.07.2011 20:30, Anton Leontiev wrote:
> > But, if I understand well, 'perl-cpanplus' [1] functionality is now in
> > core. So it can be just deleted.
> >
> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33402
>
> The version bundled with perl is 0.9103, but there is 0.9105 so if that
> contains an important bugfix you can install it and overwrite the
> included one.

This AUR package is very outdated (version 0.9007) and have no
maintainer. Personally I don't like packages that duplicate Perl's core
functionality in AUR, especially now when 'perl' have no 'provides'
array, because they favours someone to add 'perl-something' in
dependencies (just because there is such package in AUR) instead of just
add 'perl'.

This is just my opinion as a contributor. If you think this package is
useful in AUR, please adopt and update it.

--
Anton Leontiev <bunder at t-25.ru>