[aur-general] Deletion request

Seblu seblu at seblu.net
Sat Jul 9 14:39:41 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM, jesse jaara <jesse.jaara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Upsated some might find the implementation in AUR more appealing than the
> one in repo. The is nothing that prevents people from uploading stuff to AUR
> just cuz it has same features as the repo package.
No, us.
AUR is not a space where everybody can do what they wants. There is
rules, TUs and community are here to keep it as clean as possible.

> Like example there
> are/were many -pulse packases in aur that simply add pulse support to the
> repo package.

This is not the point. I needs cairo-xcb which enable xcb support in
cairo (from repo)  to use awesome. Those cases seems to have sense to
be in AUR.

I don't see from what this package is different from extra one. If
it's a duplication, there is no need to maintain it twice. That's my
point.

Regards,

--
Sébastien Luttringer