[aur-general] grub-legacy-fedora-git package

KESHAV P.R. skodabenz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 10:29:36 EDT 2011

Hi all,
         I have created a PKGBUILD for Fedora's GRUB Legacy fork,
grub-legacy-fedora-git https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=47959
.

It includes support for GPT boot (not tested) and supports ext4 /boot
(tested using the UEFI package). It does not include any of the
patches used in core/grub package. It compiles fine with the binutils
in Arch repos (unlike the current core/grub and aur/grub-gfx
packages). It also supports splashimage (gfx) option. Although I
maintain that package, I do not use it. I use grub2-bios-bzr which I
maintain).

Important info :-

1. The menu config file is /boot/grub/grub.conf, not /boot/grub/menu.lst .

2. The syntax for splashimage is (for example) -

    splashimage (hd0,0)/boot/grub/image.xpm.gz

3. The package builds fine in x86_64 with gcc-multilib. I have not
checked whether it compiles without gcc-multilib (grub2 1.99 compiles
without multilib in x86_64). Would be helpful if someone confirms
whether it compiles in x86_64 without multilib.

I request current core/grub and aur/grub-gfx users to test this
package and give your comments/suggestions.

Regards.

Keshav

PS: The equivalent UEFI package is grub-legacy-efi-fedora
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=47979 .