[aur-general] The license of flashplugin(-prerelease) requires a download?

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:48:38 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Det <nimetonmaili at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/14/11, Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh at lutzhaase.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Can't the PDF be extracted to plain text?
> >>

> > I like this solution if it is possible.
> >

> In that case the easiest way would probably be to just copy-paste the
> latest Flash Player EULA from here to a text file (as "LICENSE" or
> something alike) every time there is a major version bump:
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/eula/flashplayer11.html
>
> I'd guess just linking to this page is not sufficient (at least if you
> definitely want to avoid the cliché of poking the ice).
>
> This generally feels like a good idea and it's definitely better than
> downloading a stupid PDF. More ideas are still welcome, though.

I think ubuntu just ships with a flashplugin installer, and it fetches the
plugin at install time.

from http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/flashplugin-installer

"The distribution license of the Adobe Flash Player plugin is available at
www.adobe.com. Installing this Ubuntu package implies that you have accepted
the terms of that license."
I think they can get away with not shipping a license file because they
don't actually ship the binary.
If that's the case, maybe we can get away with just stating that in the
postinstall message, as long as the package remains in the aur.