[aur-general] The osd-lyrics mess

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Wed Jul 20 11:41:15 EDT 2011

Det wrote:

> Hey,
>
> There's currently 6 osd-lyrics packages in AUR, 4 of which are redundant.
> <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=30489>
> osd-lyrics:
> <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=30489>http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=30489
> * Should be left and updated since it has the correct naming
>
> osdlyrics: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29787
> * The project's name is "osd-lyrics" - not "osdlyrics"
> * Maintained, but severly out-of-date
>
> osd-lyrics-stable:
> <http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50725>http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50725
> * Wrong naming
> * Sadly, currently the only one up-to-date (decluding the -git package)
>
> osd-lyrics-stsable: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50724
> * A typoed upload that the maintainer decided to leave in the AUR
>
> osd-lyrics-svn: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=30488
> * Upstream moved to git ( http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29787)
>
>         Thanks for your time,
>         Det

I've left osd-lyrics-git alone, orphaned osd-lyrics, and removed the others.
I've left a comment on the osd-lyrics-stable page to send out a notification
first, and I've sent an email to the osd-lyrics-stable maintainer requesting
that he adopt osd-lyrics, change the name of his package, and re-upload.

Thanks,

Xyne