[aur-general] [arch-general] Salt update to 0.8.8

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:05:15 EDT 2011

I have not mentioned this here for a while, but I am a big fan of seeing
what the Arch community is developing, and in the past I have gotten some
real interest from the Arch community on this front.

I just released Salt 0.8.8, salt is an application used for very fast remote
management of systems via zeromq. Salt allows you to manage large groups of
servers from a master server with simple commands, and salt also contains
functionality for configuration management.

Salt is meant to fill the roles of applications like puppet, mcollective,
func, cgengine, fabric, Capistrano and many others.

The release announcement is here:
http://red45.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/salt-0-8-8/

Arch package is here:

Video explaining how to use Salt and what it is in detail is here:
http://blip.tv/thomas-s-hatch/salt-0-8-7-presentation-5180182

And the (under heavy development) website and docs are here:
http://thatch45.github.com/salt-www/

Salt is developed on Arch, but is made to run on any Linux/BSD Let me know
what you all think!

-Thomas S Hatch