[aur-general] [AUR] Orphan all old packages flagged as out-of-date

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 00:19:45 EDT 2011

2011/6/8 Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:

> Seriously?  If someone can not find the time to update a package in 3
> months, there will be other people who can do a better job.  If we waited 6
> months for updates, we might as well be using Ubunutu.

I agree that waiting that long is too much. IMHO, it would be nice
(and smoother) to have a notification generated for "hey, man, this is
a warning: XYZ package is out-of-date! More time and will be disowned"
in the 1,5 month (or something like that) and, after 3 months,
automatically disown the package, with notification this time.

-- Rafael