[aur-general] [AUR] Orphan all old packages flagged as out-of-date

Bernardo Barros bernardobarros2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:42:23 EDT 2011

2011/6/8 Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
> Seriously?  If someone can not find the time to update a package in 3
> months, there will be other people who can do a better job.  If we waited 6
> months for updates, we might as well be using Ubunutu.

Well, it's different. I think that could happen two whole different situations:

1. What I meant initially was: it is better to have a package outdated
for a little time (3 or 6 months) then to orphan it and leave it alone
until it finds another brave soul, maybe never.

2. The other situation is: another person already wants to take
responsibility immediately, or even better, this new person already
has a cool new and improved PKGBUILD in pastebin, and the maintainer
does even bothered to accept the patch or even reply!

Then one or two weeks without reply is enough to transfer the maintenance.