[aur-general] removal of pidgin-gtalkinvisible

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Fri Jun 17 02:17:56 EDT 2011

On 17 June 2011 10:34, Thomas Dziedzic <gostrc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Martti Kühne <mysatyre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> please delete pidgin-gtalkinvisible [1], I'm the maintainer and
>> announced deprecation in favor of pidgin-gtalk-shared-status [2] a
>> month ago.
>>
>> cheers! mar77i
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=30136
>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48997
>>

> terminated

Hey Martti and everyone

We see that Ng had uploaded the same thing before:
And this is Martti's new upload: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48997

1. pidgin-gtalksharedstatus
2. pidgin-gtalk-shared-status

Usually the new one would not be honoured, but Ng, do you think you
would want to rename your package? I think a better name is following
the $client-$protocol-$addon format which neither does, i.e
'pidgin-gtalk-sharedstatus'.

Otherwise, if the name is not important, we'll have to remove Martti's
version of the package.

--
GPG/PGP ID: 8AADBB10