[aur-general] Obsoleted packages removal request.

Final Crisis finalcrisissx at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 3 14:13:47 EST 2011

The following package is obsolete and I believe should be removed:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27279 grub2-gfxmenu-overlay
The following packages are a little less clear, but in the end I believe should also be removed, as they have a few problems:
They rely on grub2-gfxmenu, which is obsolete. Grub2 was supposed to take gfxmenu patches upstream a while ago. I don't know if it did + whether or not these still work after tweaking the pkgbuilds accordingly, as I have since switched back to the old grub. It seems after a very long time, nobody has come forth to say one way or another on any of the pages. It wouldn't much matter anyway, however, unless someone has backups of the theme files somewhere to upload to a different host of their own. The urls all of the theme packages try to download from are now broken and have been for quite some time, as they were kept by a friend of mine a while ago who had no further reason to keep up his hosting services. None of them have a maintainer except the last one, but for the above reasons, it doesn't much matter as far as I can see.
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27281 grub2-theme-aftermathbluehttp://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27282 grub2-theme-archspherehttp://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27283 grub2-theme-distroballshttp://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27285 grub2-theme-planeplanthttp://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27286 grub2-theme-simplyblackhttp://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27288 grub2-theme-ubuntuglowhttp://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27284 grub2-theme-elegantarch
This package has the same troubles, except for a working url.http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31084 grub2-icons-circlestarts