[aur-general] deletion request: ruby-rcairo

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 17:14:46 EST 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:20 AM, solsTiCe d'Hiver
<solstice.dhiver at gmail.com>wrote:

> hi.
> there is a ruby-cairo in [community] that exactly looks like (to me)
> ruby-rcairo found on AUR at
> this is not my package. May be ask the maintainer of the interest of
> such a package ?
>
> that's a perfect candidate for deletion.
> Need to ping maintainer of grism and gruler and ruby-gnome2-all on AUR
> before the deletion ?

That would be great, in these situations I would just post a comment asking
the maintainer if there is any difference with this package and the one in
community, there is the possibility that the difference is being overlooked.

Then ask the maintainers of the dependencies if they can build and
run their packages against the one in community - and if so, request that
they update their packages to reflect the dep change.

I know that it requires a little more effort, but the end result is much
cleaner.

-Thomas S Hatch
Arch Linux Trusted User